Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pie Meets Cake

I have a few autumn holiday parties coming up throughout the next few weeks. In my search to find something to bake for these events I came across this:
source 
It's called the Pumpple Cake. The Pumpple Cake is found at The Flying Monkey Bakery in Philadelphia. Basically, this cake is for those of us who just cannot decide on what dessert we want after indulging in our Thanksgiving feasts.

This cake is a pumpkin pie baked into a chocolate cake and an apple pie baked into a vanilla cake. The two cakes are then stacked and covered buttercream. Apparently when all is said and done, the cake weighs about 15 pounds. 

As much as I love desserts, this one just seems a bit too much for me. To my family and friends-- I'm sorry to say, you will not be seeing this on the dessert table this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment