Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving Thoughts

Sorry there was no Friday Five yesterday. I know a few of my loyal followers were looking forward to it. I didn't get out of work until late and then was feeling under the weather so I went to bed early. 


In lieu of a Friday Five, here are a few tidbits of what's been going on:



  • This morning has been spent making the pie that will make you cry from PW. My friends from college and I are all getting together tonight for our annual pre-Thanksgiving feast and I'm making a pecan pie for the occasion. Hopefully it is as delicious as it seems!





  • As promised, here are some pictures of Hubs and I on Halloween as well as my Halloween cookies.

Bill and Sookie..I know, I look great as a blonde

Here are the decorated sugar cookies. They were more of a pain to decorate than they should have been. I don't know if I'll be making these again.

  • Thursday night, Hubs came home from work saying that Friday was somebody's birthday at his work and it was his turn to bring in a cake. I baked my old stand-by of deliciousness, red velvet cake. I use that recipe from Bakerella and it never fails! I guess it was a hit at his work and a few of the ladies he works with even asked for the recipe!
source 
That's all for now! Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. As a semi-southern girl (I shall explain sometime..lol) I LOVE red velvet cake. Most people in VT have never heard of it. Super super yummy cake! Did I mention my birthday is coming up in February?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I've come across a lot of people who have never heard of it. To be honest, I had never heard of it until I was visiting a friend in Indiana a few years ago and her mom made it. Everyone I introduce to it loves it though! and I'll have to remember your February birthday haha

    ReplyDelete